Sunday, October 5, 2008

DAY THREE

thanks to lindsey and my cousin becky for checking to see if i still cared to post. i thought it would take weeks for anyone to check my deserted blog to see if there was any life.

so here is the update, both mable and me didn't do any of our tasks saturday. it's nice to have someone to help and support you with your goals but if one says, "hey, how about we do double tomorrow to make up for today" it is so easy to say "OK!" However, Matt did do something really cool. he and his friend jamie raced in the first cyclocross race of the season. i was supposed to do it and i did kind of want to.... but it was raining big drops and it was maybe 50 degrees. mind you it has been 85 degrees for the past week! so i totally chickened out! i still love to compete but when i have an option to get out, i take it. any way i am so proud of matt and jamie, they did so well! they raced hard for 45 minutes in the mud, rain, and cold! there are pictures to follow.

as for today, we did better. all tasked completed, however, we didn't complete them until 10:00pm. it is hard to get back in a pattern or routine. i will be honest, i didn't work on art for a measely 30 minutes. i got a start though. below is a picture of the start of new painting. i whitewashed over a previous painting that i wasn't in love with and that i really felt couldn't be saved. that is what i love about painting. you don't like it, just paint over it and start again. the best part about it, is that you get to see some of the process of the painting and how it came to be.

my stomach hurts and my shoulders ache. i'm ok with the hurt because it reminds me that i did something good for me and my stomach and back and that makes me feel good.




3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Nice work! I was inspired and actually ran the other morning. Then the streak ended. One day was all it lasted. Oh well, better luck next year!

Relaxed Cat said...

you guys make me want to workout! now to convince sim . . .

Emily said...

Yea! You really did update! It was so fun seeing you Monday night. Can't wait until Christmas!