Thursday, March 6, 2008

set up a blog then ditch

well since i started my blog it's been 15 days. i just counted, it seems like two months ago, i feel a little better. anyway i've been having mini panic attacks all day. deep yoga breath in........hold.. and out......the yoga breaths aren't working!!

my life really isn't that bad right now but it feels that way, so hopefully by writing it down and getting it out will help.

my mom (aka norm) is the queen of lists and she taught me well in the art of list making, i can see her now looking down at her light tan franklin covey day planer....
grocery store... slash
clean the car....slash
visiting teaching...slash oh, it feels good to cross things off my list then i don't have to worry about them anymore. then she looks up with a sigh of relief and smile.

the problem with my list is that there is no slashing. you know when you have so much to do you don't do anything at all. well i do anyway, i go to a happy place where the food network lives on channel 40. i fall into the little worlds of iron chef, ace of cakes, giada, rachael ray's 30 minute meals, dinners, dives, and drive ins. oh i love it, until i look at my watch two hours later, and feel an enormous amount of guilt and defeat. my list beat me today. i don't get to slash through any items that have been hanging around my calendar for weeks! dammit!! i'm stronger than that! oh but somehow that pesky little list keeps taunting me. nah nah nah, you can't get me!

well well, little list i can! i came from behind and because i am writing this all down so i can slash though one item on my list.

make a blog post!


THE LIST

- go running (i'm trying to train for the slc marathon april 19th)
- clean car (i haven't cleaned it since the fall)
-go grocery shopping (that is a list in it's self)
-resolve 5 paintings and start 4 others (critique day starts april 14th)
-make a 6ft by 4ft collage for rick by march 24th
-make a picture book for my parents of our wedding
-clean out downstairs bedroom (it has turn into a dumping ground)
-clean the house

this is my personal list, i have a long work list that i don't want to bore you with. and really i feel that my work list is the one that is getting the the way of personal list.

maybe this is helping because when i read through it, and take a deep yoga breath in...... i feel better.





3 comments:

Emily said...

You can do it, Erin! Although I must say I can get sucked into doing nothing, myself. I can totally picture Norm with her Franklin...that's so funny!

Liz Ward said...

Ah Beeds! As much as we love mom, you have to admit she is a bit anal, and yes crossing things off the list feels great, I know, but cut yourself some slack. I've learned that your house work isn't going anywhere, so just take it a day at a time and get the most pressing things done first. And don't forget to ask for help :)! You know I would do anything for you, so just let me know if there is anything I can do to help! Love ya!

Lindsey said...

Yay so glad you're back. I love your list, and the memories of moms and their franklins - my mom's was a dusty rose color. i am a recovering out of control tornado trying to be organized, so i feel your pain!!! school adds a lot of stress too - - I hate having painting assignments looming. not the fun way to paint. ok, anyway, i'm rambling, i say give yourself a break since you've made the first step: posted on your blog! (Oh, and made a list)